Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A beautiful mind

"Mom, we are on Chapter 7 of the chamber of secrets" Luke say's as we get cozied into bed for nap time today.

"Its on page 104 Mom."

O' thanks Luke. And it is nice to know since there is no book mark. Luke is my book mark.

I decide to quiz him and this is what happens. I had never asked him these questions before.

"What page does Chapter six start on?"

"Its called Gilderoy Lockhart, it starts on page 86."

"How many pages are there in the entire book?" I ask him, assuming he's not got a clue.

"341."

surly I will stump him. "how many pages are there in book 1?"

"309 pages" he states, without missing a beat.

"What's the name of chapter 9?" He has not read chapter 9, or 8 for that matter. But that doesn't seem to stump him either.

"The writing on the wall."

This continues for some time. He can tell me which page most chapters start on, how many pages are in most of the books in the series and the name of all 18 chapters in book 1 and up to chapter 11 in book 2 of the Harry Potter series.

He is incredible. Absolutely incredible. I can not even remember the name of the Mom I met at Luke's Kindergarten Open House this morning. Luke reminds me that it's Jodie.

These are some of the reasons why I will never medicate my Son. He has a gift. There are things that are much harder for him than others his age. There are struggles he has and challenges he'll face that most will not. But he also has this. A beautiful, mind-boggling at times, mind.

I love being able to be apart of his genius.
Photobucket

I love this picture because its exactly where Luke's head is. He wrote "Harry Potter By Luke Wirthlin"

2 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

I'm going to try really hard not to be insanely jealous that you can still get your 5 year old to "cozy up" for a nap!
And very cool memory he's got there!

Jen said...

One word - WOW.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris