Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A letter to my 20's

Dear 20's,

Well, just as everything does, you have come and gone. So much has happened within your 10 year time frame and I owe you. I met met and fell in love with my Husband at 22. I was sealed to my Dave at the ripe old age of 23 and became pregnant in that same 23rd year. At 24 I became a Mother and its then that I realized what life was really all about along with how little I really did know. While many of my friends were still up all night hanging out at shows and parties I was up all night trying to learn how to calm a fussy baby and trying to perfect the art of nursing.

I took my 5 month old baby and moved halfway across the Country a month before my 25th birthday. I have never been more excited and yet so afraid. But we found the courage and acknowledged that we were now our own Family and that we could do anything as long as we had each other. And it was 1 incredible journey that we'll never forget. I found myself pregnant with a little girl at 25 and delivered our first Daughter at 26. It was a beautiful and crazy and lonely time. But everything we endured in Chicago made us all a stronger Family unit. We relied on each other for everything and that time taught us so many valuable life lessons.

At 26 we took Dave's newly acquired diploma and headed back to CA. I never appreciated Family more than in those first few months back home. Having those extra loving hands was priceless and I didnt realize how much I loved and missed everyone. At 27 we became responsible for my In-Law's home as they served a Mission in Switzerland for 18 months. We were also blessed to be with Grandma during that time and I think she got the bum deal on that one. She took much better care of us all than we ever could of her. At 28 I endured my first miscarriage and it made the next pregnancy all the more special and miraculous. In that 28th year we were also able to go on my dream vacation to Europe which will never be forgotten.

1 month before my 29th Birthday we packed up our Family and headed to CO for yet more Schooling. And 1 month after our big move, at 29, we were blessed with our third baby. At 29 I have learned how precious life is and how grateful I truly am for every moment. I have discovered how deep my love is for my Children and how thankful I am for their health. Getting perspective is a beautiful thing.

And not to be forgotten, my 20's also brought some flavor to life. It took me 29 years but I finally tried a fish taco from Pedro's. And I discovered that taking chances can actually bring about joy. Man, that fish taco was good!!! Yes, 29 was a HUGE year.
Photobucket


Yes 20's you were good to me. I cant imagine how the 30's will be better but I know they will be. I welcome what they will bring. Another move or two, our first home, another baby to finish off our sweet Family, the joys of raising our growing kids, the sadness of getting rid of strollers and high chairs for good,a few more vacations, more insight and personal growth.

So I will miss you 20's but am grateful for all that you brought along with you. Thank you for the best years of my life.
And welcome 30's. I have been waiting for you and cant wait to see what you have to offer!!!
So 30's, you sure have big shoes to fill.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I hope your 30's are as good as those 20's sounded. Isn't it fun to think that our 20's brough the new found life of Motherhood. I think I too will look back on my 20's with a lot of fondness. Definatly a lot of work, learning, and change, but a lot of fondness.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris