Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let them be.....

MESSY!!! DIRTY!!!! STICKY!!!!

These are all words that I hate, especially when used in conjunction with my kids. But today was their day. I don't know why or what got into me but I decided to just relax and them be, well, all of those things previously mentioned.

Photobucket
Luke has had this huge pack of sidewalk chalk for literally 3 years. Today they were unwrapped and allowed entrance into my kid's hands.

Photobucket

Photobucket



and at that point I thought, what the heck. So I came out with these (which have yet to be eaten all Summer long)

Photobucket

Photobucket

And we invited our best friends over to join in the messy chaos
Photobucket

So it was only fitting to end things with a quick clean up (before I totally went nuts)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Maddie taking a break from all the excitement to sit and eat some pretzels.


It was a really fun and silly afternoon. All the mess was totally worth it. That chalk is welcome back any time.

Photobucket

I just love these 2 happy boys. We are sooooo thrilled that they will be together in Kindergarten as of Friday. (o' and nice ribs Lukie... why is this boy so skinny?)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Those are some pretty huge muscles our boys have! Thanks for a fun afternoon. This morning when Maddie woke up she told Kyle that she ran through the sprinklers and that Ella was naked! :)

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris