Monday, August 17, 2009

What the.... Hail?!

Dave was so proud of his play on words idea for the title of this post.

Upon returning home from a little run to the store, yes my Husband rocks, we got a little surprise. Hail, and a load of it. Just as Dave got in from unloading all the groceries it slowed down. I had to snap a shot of him rushing back and forth from the storm. He said it hurt but the Virgils Cream Soda was well worth it.

Photobucket
Cute Dave on one of his trips

Photobucket
A little mound that built up by the door. This shows how hard it was coming down as the entire storm was really only about 6 or 7 minutes worth.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I loved all this hail. I turn into a little kid and want to run and play in it. Problem is, it really does hurt!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow... OUCH! and... isn't it supposed to be summer there? :)

Tasha said...

That is some intense hail! What a good husband to be running back and forth from it. Love seeing the picture of him in action. Got to love good husbands :)

The Ball Family said...

Ah man, I miss those kinds of storms. I think it rained here lightly in the middle of the night here maybe one time since we got here almost 5 months ago!

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

That is true Colorado weather. We just had a freak 2 minutes of hail right before I read this post.

Jamie C. said...

That remindes me of St. Louis. You could always tell if a car was from St. Louis by the hail dents all over it. Seriously. You had to have hail insurance on your car because it was so likely to get dents from hail storms. It was nuts.
And Joe and I totally go on runs for soda too (actually, it's only when we go camping) but our beverage of choice is Henry Weinharts orange cream. LOVE IT! Worth every penny!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I LOOOOOOVE the hail!!! It would hail a good amount in Rexburg, you hardly ever see it in so cal! The problem is, is that it never lasts long enough, ten minutes at the most just doesnt cut it!

KYoho said...

I'll have you know that we went through that storm too, while we were camping in TENTS in eastern Utah. It stormed most of the time and we got hail too!

shari berry bo-berry said...

don't you just love crazy colorado weather? pure awesomeness! it's so bland and predictable here. you know...it can get old. so it's fun to see friends experiencing crazy weather -- i can live vicariously!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris