Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An afternoon gone wrong?

Dave and I wanted to do something fun today. He's leaving on Thursday morning for a conference in NY and the kids and I will be in CA for a week as of Saturday. We wanted to do something new, something different. We rarely get up to the mountains and so it hit us. We got the kids ready and headed up to a beautiful pass in Georgetown. We could let the kids play in the Fall leaves and run around the open fields. We were very excited.

We got up to the little town in about 90 minutes, Olivia cried most of the way (yes, my girl HATES the car) And just as we headed about 100 yards up the pass we saw a big flashing sign, which read, "Pass Closed"

I was so upset. Not angry, upset. As in I wanted to cry and I was so disappointed. But I decided not to let it get the best of me. Life with 3 young kids has taught us to accept a change in plans. We have become Masters of rolling with the punches. So we drove back down, parked the car and walked around this little town, which was darling.

The kids played on rocks, we ate homemade ice cream and candy and we enjoyed being together in a new, beautiful place.

So what if I didn't get my Fall leaves shots. I got something better. Perspective. I have the best Family and being and doing anything with them is the greatest adventure.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looks like fun! I love the pictures - especially the one of Ella and the ice cream cone!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris