Thursday, October 29, 2009

Not my favorite tradition...

There is almost nothing that I like about carving Pumpkins. Its messy and its time consuming. And it smells bad. I hate the feeling of slimy pumpkin pulp on my hands. I hate the feeling of pickling out slick seeds. The only part about Halloween Pumpkins that I like is going to the Pumpkin Patch. And we didn't even get to do that this year, which was really hard on me. I felt so defeated and embarrassed grabbing our pumpkins off of a wooden palette at King Soopers. It went against everything I believe. But it was either that or nothing, as we were hours away from being hit by this huge storm and there were approximately 10 pumpkins left in the city of Parker. Seriously. By the time I left the store there was not a single pumpkin left in the bunch, not even the deformed ones.
So I will participate in this tradition for 3 reasons and 3 reasons only....
Photobucket

I have never seen kids so excited to do this....

Photobucket

Im glad we don't have to do this for another year. But, mark my words, we will hit the pumpkin patch next time around.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I'm with you!!! I hate it and haven't done it for two years! We decorate on the outside! Not sure I can get away from it this year...we'll see!

Megan said...

I'm with you on this one... we haven't had a chance to carve ours and I keep thinking that if we don't, I can leave it out as decoration for Thanksgiving!! Your kids are so beautiful, and so are your pictures!!

Tasha said...

I just with you on this one. It is not my favorite thing either. But, alas we do it. Why? Because the boys love it! Good thing Brian doesn't mind the pulp and yuckiness of it. At least in the end I do love the lit up pumpkins outside too. Sad you missed the pumpkin patch though. I sure do love that too!

Tiffany J said...

It's ALLLLLL about that pumpkin patch! BUT even with the store boughts they turned out GREAT! Even though its messy it has got to be fun doing something together, all warm and cozy while its nasty and "stormy" snowy outside. Your kids do look super excited too!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris