Sunday, October 25, 2009

Some things that I learned

This past week I have learned a lot. It was quite amazing actually. I thought I'd share a few of them.

1. I can take 3 kids, by myself, from a parking structure to check-in, through security and on a 2 1/2 hour plane ride. Along with 3 kids I can also manage a double stroller, 2 backpacks, an Ariel Doll, a huge diaper bag, 2 large suitcases a purse and a travel cot. I never thought I could do this, turn's out... I can. And I did. Twice.

2. I can miss an entire week of my TV shows and not even flinch about it. Because there was no time to watch them anyways.

3. I can go 8 days without caffeine.

4. I can get my hair done while entertaining a tired, clingy 12 month old on my lap for the entire 90 minutes.

5. I can take 3 little ones to Disneyland without a Husband to hold anyone or help me open and close a stroller.




6. Sometimes you just have to put your baby on the dirty ground at Disneyland in order to have 2 hands which are necessary for opening up a double stroller.

7. I am stronger than I thought I was.

8. I am more independent than I thought I could be.

9. I can maneuver carseats and seatbelts each time I am in a SUV that was clearly never made to have 3 car seats in its tight row. This takes about 5 minutes each time and I have scratches and bruises on my fingers but I did it. Though I can't promise that there weren't inappropriate words going through my head. I can not express how huge of a pain this was.

10. I need my Husband more than I ever realized before, he's the best Dad out there. And such a great support for me constantly.

11. I can hold a 1 year old while putting a 3 year old and a 5 year old(though not at the same time, that really would be a feat) on a tall, slippery carousel horse. Tricky but doable.



12. 10 days as a single parent were hard. I was really tired and really frustrated. And that was even with a few family and friends to help out on occasion.

13. There is magic in being friends with someone who insists that you drop your 2 older kids off for an impromptu slumber party so that you can help your Sister a little more.

14. Getting a manipedi in a salon can make a 3 year old happy for days. A huge thanks to "Aunt" Jenny. Big moment in Ella's life.



15. A trip like this can be great birth control!!!!

16. I can fit into an airplane bathroom with a 13 month old and an almost 4 year old. Its a little tight but we can do it. Just as long as I can have the door open afterwards to help pull pants up.

17. The Nordstroms Rack's in CA are waaaayyyy better than the one's in CO. Its maybe a good thing though, keeps me from going much.

18. That you can be in a chemo room with one of your closest friends and laugh so hard that tears stream down your face.

19. I can spend a hot afternoon at the alleged " Happiest Place on Earth" and still have the energy to do it all again till closing (9pm that night) with Luke. This, by the way, was super fun! I loved being with my SIL and watching Luke with his rad Cousins.




20. My kids are better than I give them credit for being. They are, simply put, amazing!!! I am one lucky Mama!


21. Last but not least, clearly, I will never go on vacation again without my camera. Though I really didn't have anywhere to put it... anywhere! You know what? I will just never go on a vacation again with all the kids and no Husband. If I have a Husband, he'll carry the camera!


.... And I love my Litttle Sister more than I could ever say. I am so happy she is recovering so well from such a major surgery.



Check out this rad scar, it goes even further down too.



It was a great little vacation. I was so tired and so busy but it was well worth it. I loved spending time with a few friends and family. I especially loved having so much 1 on 1 time with my little sister. I love her so much!!! I only wish I could do more for her while I was there.

2 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

I am so glad you took a moment to reflect on all that you can do! More moms need to do this...more often!!!

It was such a treat to see you at the soccer game...I wish we could have had more time to talk, but thanks for coming over to say Hi!!

I love you as a brunette by the way!!!! I'm not biased or anything... :)

Tasha said...

Wow, what a trip. I am more than impressed. You are making me nervous just thinking about doing all that with 3 kids by yourself. I don't know if I could do it. But, you are giving me hope. way to go you!! Way to do such fun things with your kids too even though you had no husband. I am glad you survived it and glad you got to do it. And wow about that scar on Megan. Wow. Did she have heart surgery? You are a good sister and good Mom and wow, you are such an inspiration to me! (oh, and I love your new hair color!!)

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris