Friday, May 7, 2010

buddies

We moved here when Luke was 4. Almost the exact age that Ella is now. Its hard to believe that its been that long and yet that short. We have made many life-long friends and this has, hands down, been our favorite place that we've ever lived. We love the weather, the Schools, the Church, the neighborhood, the parks and the array of fun things to do. Above all else, we love the people.

As I watched Luke with 2 of his buddies yesterday I got sad. Very sad. It hit me that in just 1 short year he would be saying good-bye to some of the best and only friends he's ever known. Friends who he sits with in Church each week, friends who's homes he's been welcomed and invited into frequently, friends who he runs around playing freeze tag with on a daily basis at School. He has learned and grown so much from so many of these great kids. And they are a great group of kids. I imagine them all in a few years, hanging out with eachother in School, talking about cute girls and sports. And it makes me sad to know that Luke will not be there to join in. That he won't be growing up with these boys and girls whom I love so much.

I know we will move on to more friends and great experiences next year. I know this. But my heart still breaks a little bit. I want Luke to grow up with these kids. With these Schools and this support group of Parents and Teachers.

So all I can do is enjoy this time that we have left and to try not to let it get me too down. All I can do is hope and pray that we will be led to another home that we will love as much as we do Parker, CO. And all I can do is to be so, so thankful that we've had all of these wonderful friendships, experiences and memories. We have truly been, and will continue to be, blessed by our life here.





Photobucket
Luke, Lance and Caden... I'm telling you, girls are going to be doodling these boys names on notebooks in no time

2 comments:

Judy and Mike said...

He is so handsome.

Ashley said...

Way to make me all teary eyed. You don't really have to move you know! :) Please stay! We will miss you guys so much. Lets just pretend that you aren't really leaving in a year.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris