Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(cant forget this member of our Family...27 weeks pregnant with another sweet Daughter)

"Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.” Boyd K. Packer

Its easy to say why I love to be a Mom. These kids are my greatest blessing. Being their Mother makes me a better person. It is a sacred calling that I revere.

I loved this story line in the novel "The Invisible Women"

A rich man came to visit the cathedral while it was being built, and he saw a workman carving a tiny bird on the inside of a beam. He was puzzled and asked the man, "Why are you spending so much time carving that bird into a beam that will be covered by the roof? No one will ever see it."
And the workman replied, "Because God sees."

There are many a day when I feel as though so many of the things that I do on a daily basis go unnoticed. But I know that the Lord sees. He see's everything. Each cut that I clean out, each bowl of oatmeal that I make. He see's me do my best to lead by example, to teach values, and Scripture. And nothing is too small for him to notice and to smile upon.

My Children are the Cathedrals that I am building.

"As Mothers we cannot be seen if we're doing it right. And one day, it is very possible that the world will marvel, not only at what we have built, but at the beauty that has been added to the world by the sacrifices of invisible women."

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jill!
Love these pictures!! All of them.
So, please, tell me where you got Olivia's dress. I love, love it!!

Tamsyn said...

Great pictures and quotes Jill!!! I must say, I love being a mom too and agree with those quotes. :) Happy Mother's Day!! Oh and you look great!

Tasha said...

Jill, you are so beautiful. I just love that picture of your. There is something so amazing about a pregnant woman. But, really, you are beautiful. Love you. Happy mothering to you.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris