Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lazy


I am, admittedly, lazy. Its something I make a conscious effort to do better at... but then I get too lazy to do that too. Im not a big cooker, I'd love to bake more (but its so much work) it kills me to have to do laundry or to clean the house so I put it off until it becomes a big undertaking. That doesn't help with my motivation either. Though, eventually, bathrooms get embarrassing, toilets must be scrubbed, I run out of maternity clothes, which I seem to have few of, and I have no choice but to get up and get moving.

But today was a good day. I was determined to make myself, and my Husband, proud. I made a juicy meatloaf (not as good as Grandma's but Im working on it) and some fantastic cheesy mashed potatoes. One we were finished eating dinner I started on homemade banana cream cheese bars, which I've been dying to try. They're in the oven and in another 15 minutes I'll get started on my cream cheese frosting to smother on top.

So the house needs a little TLC and I am constantly reminded at how badly my pantry, among other things, needs organizing. But... Im taking it little by little. I think I have been mentally preparing myself for a hot Summer, 3 little kids to entertain, and dealing with all of the tiredness and aches that come along with being in your last trimester. It will be a crazy Summer. I will desperately miss having my Husbands help. I have been worried about it since November and its hard to believe its upon us.

So, here's to being more organized, less lazy and more patient. And especially to my banana bars.... please taste as good as Im hoping you will.

1 comment:

Deb said...

So how were the bars? They sound so yummy. I make banana cookies and they are amazing!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris