Saturday, October 4, 2008

Are you kidding me?

calming down with a binky... she rarely takes theses :(

almost out... notice binky did not last long

And...... we're back to being wide awake. The crying started again about 5 minutes after this picture.

(These pictures are pretty bad because they're just shot with Photo Booth at night but  I still think she's getting so cute.)




What happened to my sweet little mellow newborn?

This is Olivia and me sitting at the computer listening to music, evidently she likes Iron and Wine, who doesn't? She finally calmed down in this position after 1 hour of crying. How is it fair that I get 3 fussy newborn babies? 

All deals are off.... this may be my last. Well probably not. You know what? Maybe so!!!!

Olivia is a tiny person, with tiny lungs. How can she make so much noise for such long periods of time? And why is she great in the day time and a bear in the evenings? 

To be continued........ wish me luck that she'll turn back into her quieter, calmer version. 



***** Addendum*******

I must have made Olivia feel badly with this post. She wanted to prove me wrong so she slept for 7 1/2 hours last night. 

OK Liv... I'll certainly take some nighttime grumps if that means you sleep all night long.

These un-known Newborn things drive me a little crazy. I wonder what Olivia will be like today?

6 comments:

Shane and Becky said...

I hear you! Emma from Day 1 would wake every hour. So, I expected that when Lindsay came along she would be just as hard on us. She was an angel in the hospital and even for the first week or so (giving us a false sence of security.) Then at about 2 weeks she stopped sleeping. Hopefully Olivia return to her calm self soon. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Newborns are hard. Good thing they don't stay newborn for too long. But also sad, too!

She is darling, and I'm glad she slept for you!

Carrie said...

Sounds like her cousin Blake. I couldn't put him down for the first seven weeks. He constantly wanted to be held. I thought I was going to go crazy. He now will go down for a little while,if he is fed and dry. But he does sleep at night. Hallalujah! A friend told me you have to wait until three months to feel a bit of normalcy. So hang in there!!

KYoho said...

ahhh, what I have to look forward to. Where in Utah does Dave's family live?

Jana Heller said...

oh jill she will be a good baby. maybe she was just having a cranky night. call me.

Tasha said...

Oh, the newborn stage is so hard. I love it and don't all at the same time. It just so hard. I am getting a bit nervous for next January when Baby Chase joins our family. But, then again I can't wait at the same time. Good luck! Those pictures are so cute by the way too. :)

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris