Monday, October 27, 2008

reminders


"She is only 2. She's 2. She's only 2."

This is what I force myself to repeat day in and day out this last month. 

Its a constant reminder that is much needed as I deal with her stubbornness, messiness, defiance, moodiness, whining, her exhausting demands, and what can only be described as the inability to listen. 

Its hard for me to chalk it up to her age. In so many ways she has always seemed so much older. Ella had a slew of words by the time she was 1 and was talking in full blown sentences by the time she was 2. It use to be cute, now its exhausting. 


But she's about as sweet as they come. She's got compassion and whit way beyond her years. Which is lucky for her because she may otherwise be living in her bedroom.

I hear that 2 1/2 is when the terrible 2's really start. So she's in the thick of it. And she better be over this in 2 months because she'll be 3.

Im taking Olivia to the ENT again today. I think I may bring Ella and have them check her ears!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed. Welcome to my life. :)

Ella is a girl, which means she is born with special girl traits. Such as; stubbornness, bossiness, chattiness, etc. She's also born with a certain amount of charm, beauty, and softness to get away with all her first traits. Pigtails and misplaced lipstick do wonders for a naughty child.

All of my little women have shown these "darling" little traits that your Ella possess'. And it all gets magnified when you introduce the "replacement." Also known as the new baby. That's a doobie on the two year old.

But you are right, it ends quickly. My girls all had their terrible two's at about 19 months and came out of it at about 25 months. I'm still healing...

karen said...

wow.. im not looking forward to terrible twos with elsa !! especially with a new baby on its way.. ugh..

but i love that pic of ella making face. it's so funny an cute.

Jen said...

Can I send my two six year olds with you to have their ears checked too? Just know that I completely know where you are coming from with this post!!!!!!!!!!!!

shari berry bo-berry said...

terrible 2s are nothing in comparison with Joshy's terrible 3s! Man that kid has some grande-sized attitude!!!!!!!!! but I too have to constantly remind myself that he is only 3! :) it's hard to contain such a big personality/spirit in such a little body...we need to cut them some slack! hang in there and give her as much one on one time as you can...attention does wonders!

Tasha said...

I am just laughing reading that. Maybe because I have an almost 2 year old too and well, it has already started here!! I am sorry to tell you that 3 is actually usually worse than 2, but I hope for you that is not the case. All I know is I was totally relating to that post (except my 2 year old does not talk too good). Ahh, to be a mother. Keep hanging in there!!

Nicole said...

I haven't read the other comments but I am probably not the first to tell you that 3 is a little worse than 2. Sorry. My youngest is four and I find myself saying, he's only 4, he's only 4, he's only four. You are a great mom though. By the way your kids look way cute in their halloween costumes.

Tiffany J said...

Yup, we're heading into the terrible two territory and quite frankly...I wish I could hit the fast forward button! At least you know there are others floating in the same boat...ha ha I have just been really trying to focus on and celebrate the good things Brady does or says and less on what isn't quite so "cute" ha ha

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris