Saturday, October 11, 2008

Olivia's 2 weeks appointment



your child is 7 pounds 4 oz., and that is
at the 47th percentile for weight.

your child is 20.75 inches, and that is
at the 90th percentile for height.

your child has a head circumference of 13.3 inches, and that is
at the 27th percentile for head circumference.


Im still processing the fact that Olivia is 2 weeks old. I know it should feel like time is flying but in this case it really doesn't. It feels like months ago that I was in the Hospital and even longer that our Family did not have Miss Liv in it.

Her appointment was pretty routine. Prick her heel to finish some newborn screening tests, length and weight( she's grown an inch at 20 3/4 " and now weighs 7 lbs. 4 oz/) and her head circumference, she's outdoing Ella as she is in the 25th % in this... Ella is still not even on the chart with her tiny head.

And then I got to ask our Dr, whom I love, some questions. Olivia, since birth, has spit up out of her left nostril. Very strange. In the Hospital they checked the major things.... cleft pallet, no. Proper opening of airways, yes. They just didn't quite know what the deal was. Dr. Gill was equally as stumped. She ended up getting a small tube, used normally as a catheter, and proceeded to stick it all the way up Olivia's nose. This was about the saddest thing ever, she was more upset than I had ever seen her, and I had to hold her head still. I felt like a traitor. 

Well the bottom line is that the tube went up her right nostril very slowly and stopped earlier than it should have. On the left it went up with great ease. So we have an appointment with an ENT on Monday afternoon to further diagnose the problem. She has some obstruction, as the Dr. called it, and what we need to do about it will be answered on Monday.

So as its nice to have answers I also feel so sad for this tiny little girl. I hope its something that can fix itself in time or that will not cause her any big problems.

6 comments:

Jenny J said...

i better get to see you in a few weeks (by you, i really mean olivia...it would be nice to see mommy as well).

and by the way, you might possibly be the one person in the world i can't judge. i heart you too much.

i love the headbands.

jayne wells said...

Jill!
So glad you found me! It is so fun to see pictures of your darling family! How are you? Where are you, in CA? How is your family? We just moved onto Elm Ave--just above where you used to live! It is so nice to be in this neighborhood, I love it here and it is fun to be around the corner from my parents. Thanks for leaving a message so I could find you!
Jayne

Adam and Nikki Johnson said...

I just love the flower head-band. I think those would make great gifts! It makes her look so feminine. With newborns, it's always hard to tell but Liv is very girly with her big flower.

Jen said...

She is so cute! I hope all goes well Monday, we'll be thinking of you and Olivia!

Tasha said...

Oh, I do not like when you have to hold your baby and watch them cry and have something horrible done to them!!! I hope everything goes good with the ENT. I am glad they are trying to figure it out though. Olivia is seriously such a darling little girl.

Team Clancy said...

What a beautiful addition to your beautiful family. You must have your hands full because I only have Madelyn, but I feel like I am feeding her all the time. When you come back into town we should try and meet up. It sounds like you are loving Colorado.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris