Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dear Olivia


I can not believe how fast this week has gone by. If only the last few weeks of pregnancy were this quick, I may have been a lot easier to be around.

I knew once you came that our Family would feel different. But I never imagined how complete you would make us feel. The first night in the Hospital they made you stay in the Nursery to monitor your breathing. Although it brought me great peace of mind I'll never forget how desperately I missed you. I kept having dreams about you all night and wishing it were time for them to bring you into me. When they finally did I was already awake. I had sat up just moments before because I felt like you were coming. The Nurse commented how you and I must be on the same page already. 

Having my Parents in town to help has been great for so many reasons. But, as much as I appreciate the help with your Brother and Sister, dishes and meals,  the best part has been how long I get to sit and watch you. I have loved holding you in my arms all day long and wondering why we have been so blessed. And how someone can love another person so intensely that they just met. I have loved looking at your long slender fingers... imagining what great things those hands will do one day. And your little feet... how fast they'll carry you to the places you choose to go. 

All I want to do in the entire world is to be your Mom. To watch you grow up and become the person who you're meant to be. I want to protect you and love you. Guide you and yet follow. It brings me so much happiness and makes my heart swell more than I could ever express to be chosen to be your Mother. Thank you for coming to our home.

There are many things I have learned about you in the last 7 days. Here are just a few.

1. You are already a Mama's girl. I know it sounds crazy but its true. 

2. You love to sit up. When you're sad and I prop you up in my arms you almost always calm right down.

3. You, like your Brother, love to sleep. All day and night. I feel so lucky to have a newborn baby who sleeps for 4 hours at a time. 

4. You love music. Whether in your swing or on the radio. You just love to listen and it usually puts you right to sleep.

5. You like to be in the car but if we stop for too long you get upset.

6. You love being in your Fisher-Price Motion Glider. So far its the best money we've ever spent.

7. You are a sweet natured and calm girl.

8. You love to be close. Skin to skin just melts you. I think you'll be a big snuggler.

9. You hate having a wet or dirty diaper. Its great because you always let me know when you need to be changed!

10. You make everyone around you melt!!!!!!

I love you baby girl.

Love,

Your Mommy

4 comments:

Megan McCrindle said...

This is one of the most beautiful things I have read. I love you guys.

-Aunt Meggie

Tiffany J said...

What a great letter! I hope you print these up and put them in their baby books! I'd love to go back and read mine if my mom and written to me like you do! Super cute!

Tasha said...

That was really sweet. What a lucky girl she is to have you for her mother.

The Ball Family said...

Seeing all the newborn pictures are getting me so excited and SO nervous at the same time. Olivia looks so precious. I can't wait to meet her sometime. Jill- I want to see more pics of you. From what I see you look great! P.S. Your prayers have been answered, I updated the blog.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris