Monday, November 24, 2008

2 months old


Can you believe that my baby is already 2 months old? This has been the fastest 2 months in my life and at the same time, by far the longest.

Its been a whirlwind with so much going on. What with Dave's first quarter at DU, family visits, getting settled into a new life in CO, our trip to CA, the ever-so-fun hospital stay, Dr's appointments and outpatient hospital tests. But its also been so amazing and slow-paced. Watching my baby learn and grow more each day. Literally seeing her eyes change as she comes to know the world and people around her. I get to hold her, listen to her many coo's. She smiles often and beautifully. She even laughed yesterday. I love all these first that I have the joy of being a small part of. Its the greatest gift and I hope to always keep these sacred memories.

Having been through so much with Olivia has made me love her all the more. I have desperately adored all of my babies but there is something different and sweeter this time. I need her in ways that I cant explain. I literally miss her when she's asleep. I cant stop kissing her and her smile can make a hard day feel like it never happened.

Enough sentiment. Her stats today were as follows:
weight- 9lbs. 2 oz.- 10th %
height- 22 1/2 inches- 50th %
head... cant remember but it was the 15th %

Its so strange to have a small one and to hear Doctors use the word "peanut" to describe her. I love it and hope she stays small and petite.

6 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

can't wait to see you guys and your little peanut!

Montana Wilkins said...

Olivia laughed? That's the best! When we lived on the Navajo reservation we found out that it's a HUGE deal the first time a baby laughs. The person that gets the baby to laugh the first time is supposed to make dinner for everyone else. And since they are so clannish that's a lot of people! We even got an invitation to a laugh party once. So here's what you should do: Tell your hubby that you're pretty sure the baby laughed because of him and make him take you out to dinner!!! :o) You really do seem to have a sweetie in Olivia! Congrats again!
Janet
P.S. I need to call you again sometime soon because we took Samantha to the doctor last month and got a diagnosis.

Tasha said...

This has been a fast 2 months! I can't even believe she is 2 months old. I love how much you love her and even more you give me courage for bringing a 3rd one into my family. For some reason everyone has been telling me all their horror stories of 3 being the hardest. But, really for me 2 was hard, so I am hoping 3 will just settle into our family like he has always been here. I am glad you had a good doctor's visit.

Judy and Mike said...

I can't believe she is 2 months old already. I missed seeing you when you were here :( Hopefully next time.

The Ball Family said...

Jill- You have such a great way with words. You have a knack for being able to express in words how most of us moms feel but don't know how to say it. She really is so precious and I can't wait to meet her.

sara said...

2 months - wow. And to think that I was born bigger than she is now at 2 months. Yikes. I sure hope I don't have as big of a baby as I was! I love all the pictures you have of her.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris