Monday, November 10, 2008

Sweet Relief!!

Our now calm and peaceful Olivia




We are now home!!!

They released us on Saturday. The Doctor was going to keep us 2 more days so that Olivia could be on her IV longer but she said that if I promised to follow-up on Monday with our Dr. and to keep up with the at-home antibiotic that she'd let us go. I never promised something so adamantly. 

I must say that though that was a long, hard week I couldn't be more grateful.

Grateful for good Health Care and Care-givers. Grateful for Maternal Instinct that we Mothers have been blessed with. For the medications that were invented that have made my baby girl so happy and provided such relief to her little body. Grateful for Family and friends who were praying for us, calling us and sending their thoughts our way. Grateful for our health. There were kids there in that Wing who were sick. Really sick. One boy had a seizure while we were there and all I heard was him Mom in hysterics saying over and over again, "he just started shaking and convulsing. I didn't know what to do!" Im just so thankful that we were able to get the reflux resolved and to be able to discover, in the meantime, the other issues that were effecting this girl.

I always had that voice in my head telling me that Olivia was a sweet, calm baby. Though we rarely ever saw that. I just knew it to be true. And now I see it. Everyday. She is sweet and calm. She smiles. She nap's. She is happy and content. I realize now how much pain she must have always been in from the severe reflux she had and the UTI. It makes me sad. But it makes me so happy that we figured out the problem and that we're now able to get to know this beautiful little girl we've been blessed with. I love her more and more every day.


10 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

That is GREAT news! I am so glad everything is alright!

I would love to do family pics for you. Just let me know when you were thinking so I can put you on my calendar. And where?

As for my family's pics, well of course I still want them! But I don't know when or where right now. I'll get back to you!

Kim said...

Jill I tear up when my kids cough at night- I could barely handle reading what was going on with Olivia. I'm very happy for you that you get to be home and have your calmer (right?) healthier baby.

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

oh Jill! This is Jackie Kontoes. I found your blog on Brian Markhams blog and I took stalker to a WHOLE NOTHER level. I read every post from the day Olivia was born. I laughed I cried, I cried (I'm prego). I am so happy she is better.

I had a crazy time trying to get a dr. to treat my endomitriosis and after a few surgeries and Invitro am now prego with twins. Since we were married a day apart I felt I should at least be on my third like you but hopefully the twins will catch me up. I really feel like if I have a girl she will look a lot like Ella. So good to see what your life is like!

Unknown said...

So glad all is ok! You are right, so many kids are so sick and although this was a difficult and scary time, you really are blessed to have happy healthy children!

Tasha said...

Wow, I just came on and have missed so so much!! I am so grateful to hear that things are doing better for Olivia. What a huge trial and blessing all at the same time. I am glad that she is doing better and that the doctors have found what she has been struggling with since birth. I hope you get a little more sleep this week. Those pictures your friend took of Olivia are darling!!

Alison said...

Thanks for finding me. I can relate. Grant was in the hospital with RSV when he was 5 weeks old. One night the nurse nudged me awake to let me know he was crying-two feet from me. I hadn't heard him- I have never been that tired in my life. Hopefully you'll get some rest now that you're back home.

karen said...

Aww, glad she's feeling better too. Let me know about the reflex.. Elsa had the same problem. When she was younger, she would throw up everytime I put her on her stomach, etc. The doctor said it was "normal" until she was 6 months and I told him it wasn't getting better and finally, he gave her some meds but doesn't seems to help.. Maybe I need to get a new doctor for her...

BTW.. I'm going pritave.. Feel werid who can read my blogs, ha. I will need your e-mail address to add you.

Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear Olivia is doing better and hopefully you are too!

Tiffany J said...

Jill that is great news! I'm so glad they were able to help baby Olivia and to send you all home. What a blessing and relief!

Brad said...

Jill,
What good news that she has become the calm, sweet girl you always knew her to be. Give me a call!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris