Friday, November 7, 2008

Hospital Update

such a big IV on such a tiny hand

crashed out after the cath and IV


Yes... we are still here. And have been since Monday. And will be until tomorrow.

I know we are doing what's best for this tiny baby but its hard to not want to be selfish and complain. Im tired. Im done getting no sleep and holding the patient all day. But I am grateful we are here and discovering what's going on with Olivia. And getting her better.

We discovered this morning that her urine test came back positive for a UTI. So it was a really good thing that the Dr. who wanted us to stay and do some basic tests did what she did. Though I cursed her name at the time.

They did a cath on her this afternoon, to do a more detailed urinalysis, and started her on an IV. Its sad to see her poked and prodded. And to see this needle resting in her tiny hand.
She will have a special ultra-sound this afternoon to rule out any kidney deformities and stay on the anti-biotic for 10 days. After that 10 days we will need to do a VCUG to see if she has reflux in her uriter, which Ella had. And possibly surgery if it is. Which Ella did.

This poor baby. No wonder she's been such a sad baby. This may have also been intensifying her acid reflux and her problems with digesting without pain. She's just had so much going on. Im happy we're getting it all fixed, each puzzle piece at a time.


And a huge thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. They are certainly felt and we are humbled by them all. We love you all and Olivia is so lucky to have you in her life, in all of your varying degrees.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Hang in there, this will be over soon, and you will be so glad that you found out everything that is wrong at once and not have to continually go to the Dr. to keep finding out different things that are wrong. Olivia is in our thoughts and prayers.

Jen said...

Jill,
How exhausted you must be! I hope that they figure it all out soon and you can both go home. I wish we could be there to help you out! Well keep you all in our thoughts and prayers!
Sending love from Chicago!

Becca said...

holy crap Jill!I miss one post and find this!!!You poor things over there!!!!Snuggle that little girl so so much!She's been through a lot as have you!I am sending you a blog casserole and a hug!!!The hug will probably be fresher!!!Love you guys!Take care and I'll be looking for updates!

dana said...

Jill & Dave,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your new little one. I'm sorry that she is going through so much. Dana

shari berry bo-berry said...

man oh man!!!!!!!!!! that poor sweet little angel...you are such a good mom Jill...you are such a strong person. Hang in there and we'll keep praying for your family!

it must be kind of comforting knowing what you learned from going through similiar things with Ella...right? maybe I'm way off...but sometimes it seems scarier when it's unfamiliar territory. Thanks for keeping us updated!

regibells said...

Oh you guys! I hope she can go home soon and be all better in no time. Poor little baby Olivia! I hope you are able to recoop and get it all over with soon, until than we'll keep your family in our prayers...Love ya!

The Nedrys said...

Jill,

I am so sorry it has been such a rough week! Poor little cutie! I am glad Olivia is starting to feel better though and the doctors are getting to the root of her troubles. We will be thinking about you!

Emily

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris