Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mr. Wirthlin


Its been 6 years, 5 months and 18 days since our first date. 6 years, 3 months (tomorrow) since he asked me to be his Wife. It's been 5 years 10 months 15 days since we promised one another that we were in it, good or bad, for Eternity. I  counted because those days were important. They were among the best one's I'd have. Or ever will for that matter. Its when the most important chapters of my life began.

There was something about Dave that struck me from the moment I first noticed him. We were in a meeting for Church and our Bishop reminded us all that Stake Softball was getting ready to start up again. He singled Dave out, who was of course in the back of the room. He spoke of how he'd never seen anyone throw a softball quite as far or as fast as Dave did. That is when I first singled him out. When it all started for me.

From that point I looked for him. I looked at him. I wondered if he'd ever do the same. I watched as he would approach the same group of friends at every activity. They'd come, find each other, and stick together the whole time. It was as though they thought there was no one else there. A snob, I thought. Too cool is what I called him. How would I get him to even see me?

I moved into a house with some girls who were friends of his.(this was unrelated to Dave, im not a stalker) Now he came to my house. Watched our TV and hung out in our living room until 1am. That's when I got to know him, And thats when I knew it was he who I'd be loving forever. It took a little longer for Dave, he needed a little motivation. In fact it was me who asked him out the first time. It was worth the blow to my ego. After that date we were hooked. I couldn't, and didn't, go a day without seeing him until we were married 7 months later.

And I am still obsessed. I adore him. He is all of the things I would write on my list's as a teenager. There is not one person in this world who gets me or loves me like he does and no one could be better for me. I still smile when I think of him and how lucky I am to have married this boy. I  am so happy and so blessed that he is mine!!!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

How sweet and wonderful!! I'm glad you married your perfect match. You know what...I thought it was ironic that you first noticed Dave because of your single's ward softball team. Jared and I had our first "encounters" because of our single's ward softball team. Wow...maybe I should encourage my single friends to start attending softball activities.

Tasha said...

That just made me happy! I am glad that you are still so happy. I would have to say I think married life is great! Couldn't be happier myself :)

Megan McCrindle said...

I never knew you asked him out the first time?!

I remember the first time I saw him too, because I remember going to singles ward with you and doing the whole "Okay, that Dave guy that I like is sitting in the back row over there. Wearing _____color shirt. Okay, don't look, don't look... OKAY NOW LOOK! What do you think?"

I couldn't be happier with anyone than I am to have Dave in our family. He's an inspiration as a person and someone, as with Blaine, that I continually hold up the guys I date against. Maybe this is why I don't date people for very long (how can they compare with Blaine and Dave??)... Lol. Love you guys :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet post. I'm so glad you are madly in love after all these years.

Jenny J said...

precious, just precious.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris