Sunday, May 11, 2008

bonne fête des mamans


I had to add a little something to Dave's sweet and thoughtful post and video.
I had the nicest day on Sunday.
I got to sleep in, had real french toast, got a super cool necklace that Luke picked out all by himself, got to watch Luke sing in Church with the Primary kids. I have to say, that was the best part of my day. He went up there without hesitation and stood right in the front. He sang so loudly that I could pick him out and knew every single word to all the songs. It was so cute. I had people coming up to me all day at Church expressing how impressed they were with Luke's first singing in Sacrament... he was so awesome! And so handsome and confident. Dave made an insane dinner. A full-blown turkey dinner with all of the sides. We all ate until we were sick, and then some. 
I am so grateful for both my own Mom and for the blessing it is to be a Mom. And thank you to a sweet Husband who takes so much time and effort to show me he love and supports me. I love you kids, thanks for such a special day. And all the other days in between.

11 comments:

The Ball Family said...

Are you kidding me???? HOW CUTE~ I hope when my kids are old enough Brad will think of doing something so cute like that.

Unknown said...

David - you are da bomb! I loved it and it was so fun seeing my grandchildren being so cute. Thanks for the surprise for Jill and all of us.

Holly Moore said...

Oh my goodness that was sooo cute!! Luke has the sweetest singing voice! Also, it was so fun to talk to you the other day. I miss my Jill! Happy mothers day!

sara said...

That was great! Stanford and I watched it last night and we both got a kick out of it! Way to go Dave for giving jill a great Mother's Day. Very impressive.

Becca said...

ok that;s the best!!! I love the Mothers Day song!!! what a special gift!!!

Tasha said...

Okay, that was so so stinkin cute! I loved it. It made me cry even in a little. I haven't read your blog in awhile, so congrats on getting such a beautiful home when you move in a few months! That is very exciting. You take the most beautiful pictures too Jill. I loved the baby pictures and just all your pictures. It is fun to see what is going on in your life.

Deb said...

That was so dang cute. It totally made me laugh. Way to go dave. I am going to show Kevin what he needs to do next year!

shari berry bo-berry said...

That is adorable! Luke is a great singer -- he was on key the whole time!

regibells said...

How cute is that! Way to go Dave..props to you. Your kids are so sweet and funny. What can I say..that is the best gift ever.

Jenny J said...

tears of laughter and happiness.

this is one of the sweetest things i have ever seen.

Katrina said...

That has to be the cutest thing ever! What a thoughtful husband you have.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris