Friday, May 2, 2008

Discovery Science Center

Dave got free tickets to the Discovery Science Center months ago and of course we waited until the day they expired to go. 
I would love to say that it was a wonderful trip for us all but the truth was I am not the biggest fan of this place. First off it is definitely for older kids. Secondly, it was more crowded than Disneyland. I hate crowds of people with a passion, nothing is worth weeding my way through them. And lastly it was just way too much to process for Luke. He spent so little time at each thing and then wondered to the next, and the next and the next.... for over a hour. There were a few things that I got him to concentrate on for a little longer but mostly he just scanned and scanned. Way to much for a boy like him. We had to cut our time short as I knew we were going to regret it if we stayed much longer. Just too much to process.
Luke's favorite part was a little video of a Tiger who, as he ran, morphed from fur to bone structure. He really enjoyed watching the transformation and all of the bones moving together. Maybe he'll be a Doctor.
So we will not be going back there for a few years. I am sure there are a million of kids who love and do very well at the Museum so in no way let me discourage you from going. Just don't call me to come along.

Lukie is all ready to go

Ella loved pushing in all the pins on one side and then running to the other to see what she'd created.

The front of the center. 

Ella and the Tiger masks

Luke really liked the Dinosaurs

looking at the Triceratops with Nana

Ella hugging Clifford

This was one of Luke's favorite things here. He really enjoyed throwing the ball to the catcher and asked if he and Daddy could come back to do it again sometime. This is the stuff Dave loves to see/hear.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Well hey, at least it was free right? Kate probably wouldn't have been a big fan, so maybe it was good we didn't get to go. :) The kids look cute as ever!

Tiffany J said...

TOTALLY AGREE! We went with my sister n law's family and it was too much for even me. Let alone a stroller and 3 toddlers! ha ha I'm sure for a school field trip this would be AWESOME! At least your trip was free...ours wasn't.

Deb said...

Jill-
I wrote you last year when I had questions about Ella's procedure she had, that my son had to go through also. Anyways, I have still been peeking at your blog from time to time, so I feel like such a stalker! But I do love finding people from good old 6th ward and seeing what they are up to. so, I just want to say congratulations on baby #3! Your family is adorable! Glad you are feeling better, those first months of pregnancy can be brutal! Oh, and I loved Luke's star wars party. the cake was AWESOME. My Zach is really into star wars as well, and what got him into it was watching the "jedi training academy" at disneyland all last summer. Well, thanks for letting me peek at your blog and say hi.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris