Friday, May 23, 2008

Our first trip to the Dentist


The kids were stars. Regretfully they each had a tiny cavity. OK... Ella had 2. I felt like a bad parent, hearing my 2 year old had 2 cavities already. It made me feel a bit better to discover they were really small though.... for some reason. 
The root on Luke's chipped tooth is starting to release. The Dentist said that happens a lot to a tooth thats been hit at one point. So it looks like he may loose that front tooth within the year and we'll have to get use to a new smile again. The tooth fairy was not expecting to come so soon, but that will be a fun milestone too.

4 comments:

Tiffany J said...

They look so cute with those happy face bibs on! Did you get to work on their teeth? Tooth fairies were always so fun when I was young...we got some fun things like small 99 cent toys sometimes instead of quarters if we brushed really good. Our "fairy" was really on top of it ha ha

Unknown said...

Give the kids a gold star for being so good. Ella looks so grown up sitting in that chair with the happy face bib. At least they weren't like their Dad who when he and Mark were little would throw up on the dentist because of a strong gag reflex. Dr. Wheatfil would say oh no it's the Wirthlin boys have a clean lab coat ready. Tooth fairies are only good if they remember to come. Our tooth fairy very often had lapses of memory.

Deb said...

Oh good there is hope for when i take Porter to the dentist. I am so nervous. I think i have created a monster. i pick at him so much...his hair, his ears, his nose! I think i am a monkey or something. But that has caused Porter to hate when anyone picks at him. So hair cuts and doctor visits are so bad for him. I recently heard you should take your child to the dentist by 1 years old,(Porter has not even been yet), I worry he will scream his head off. So long story short, you gave me hope seeing your kids just lay there.

Ps happy Birthday Dave
From Kevin

Becca said...

wow!!!My kids won't let the dentist near them!!! I hope that changes soon!!!I just have to keep trying!!Way to go!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris