Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ella gets her way


Ella has the worlds laziest Mommy. She has been sitting on the potty with success for about 6 months now but I have not been ready to tackle this yet. 

A few months ago I would find her diaperless, asking to wear big girl underwear... I said no. In early April I had her in underwear all day long, it was going great. When she woke up in the morning I put a diaper on her. I have just been in no hurry to do this. 

Finally, 3 days ago, I gave in. She has been really stoked to be a big girl and has only had one accident thus far, even going poo-poo in the potty without incident. Even though she's made this really simple I still loath potty training. Its going to be really nice having no diapers around here until late September though.

Great job Ella. We are proud of you!!!




8 comments:

Tiffany J said...

I love the battle scars on her legs in the photos! She's so like how I was...especially having brothers. I can't believe she's almost self taught! That's great! Congrats!

Deb said...

That is so nice. How good for you to not have to worry about diapers, although they are very convient for us busy mom's. Way to go mom and Ella! I can't for Porter to go to the bathroom on the toilet!

The Ball Family said...

Really? DO pictures get any better than that close up of Ella's cute face? Adorable.

Kristie K. said...

Great Potty shots! super jealous, Garren refuses to even talk about it. It's part of his rebelious three year old thing.

Unknown said...

Hooray for Ella! Jill, count your blessings - not many children will teach themselves how to go potty. Wow
what a blessing. Tell Ella Grammie is really proud of her.

Becca said...

oh little pantie girls are the best!!! Way to go Ella!!!

Jamie C. said...

Love that first picture! She's adorable! I love little diaper bums, but little girls that are potty trained are really pretty nice!

Katrina said...

Thats great for Ella! Just wait until Olivia gets here, be prepared for a setback. I thought we had Hannah totally potty trained, then two months after Brady was born...accidents! Potty training is SO much fun.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris