Friday, January 23, 2009

Friends

Ella and Samantha


Luke and Bobby


Growing up I have always been blessed with the best of friends. From the first memories I have there lies my first friends, Jayne Clark and Nicole Demos in Utah. Elsja Lundquist was a huge part of my early childhood memories. She was beautiful and cleaver. Smart and creative. Rachel Thron carried me with her praise and smiles through Jr. High. Brooke Cordeiro and I were an unlikely couple but I cant even imagine High School with out her love of music, humor, quick wit and strength. In the College years I hardly went a day with out my Sara. Her Family was my Family and I loved everything about her, she's about as good of a person as you get to have in your life. And then came all of my Boys. Scotty Tanner was one of the people I liked spending time with most on this Earth. He was active, smart, and cleaver. Yet he had a sensitive side to him which I loved. Craig Trounce kept me laughing all day long and I smile still when I think of him. I had never met anyone who embraced a yellow personality as much as Richie Rylander. Brian Markham was good and kind yet social and fun. Then there was "JoJo" who I could never get sick of and who always kept a smile on my face. He had depth and a ton of charisma. Erin Robertson made me feel important and admired. She was one of the Best Friends I've had. Mark Sorensen taught me to just let go and stop worrying what everyone else was thinking.Regina Thompson gives me peace and joy in my life. She constantly teaches me by her goodness and her righteous ways, I love her very much. I met my Friend Jen Jackman the August after we moved to Chicago. We met and became instant friends, sometimes you're just lucky enough for things to click that fast. We were together probably 5 times a week. I got to see her Son right after he came home from the Hospital and she threw me my  aby shower for Ella. We remain close to this day and she's so wonderful that its almost painful. I can't imagine going a week with out talking to Jana Heller. We met right after Dave and I got married and it felt as though we had been best friends our entire lives. She has been my rock and my sanity. My confidant. She keeps me grounded and real. She has loads of talent.... she is a superhero! 
I have had the best friends throughout my life. 
I could go on and on. Vanessa, Jessica and Jenny. I love them all. They bring life in to my days! They have taught me and loved me. Supported me and been there for me to fall back on. 
They all urge me to go on, they make me stronger than I really am. And I am who I am today because of them.
I am so grateful that already my kids have great friends. I can only pray they will continue to choose these kinds of influences to help them to guide their lives and their choices. Who we choose as friends is one of the biggest decisions we will make. I pray they chose wisely. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww Jill what a sweet blog. I'm honored that I could be a part of your life. You were such a huge part of mine. I remember so many things growing up with you- cleaning out your shed in the back so we could have our clubs back there, making up dances to the songs on my juke box, you asking if you could have one of my Kudos because you "never had tried one before." You were such a great best friend. So glad we are still in contact after 22 years!!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris