Thursday, January 29, 2009

Olivia's 4 month


Olivia had her 4 month appointment today.  She was such a good sport, especially because she was way past her nap time. 
She still weighed 10 lbs. 9 oz. (which was the same as her weight check on Monday) and that put her in the 3rd percentile. Her head was in the 10th and her length was in the 45%. Did I mention that I love how tiny she is? As long as she is healthy I hope she stays a peanut... I always wanted a little girl!
She has hit all of her milestones...blah, blah, blah. The Doctor did notice that the piece that hangs down in your throat  is sort of sectioned off into 2 pieces at the tip. I guess its a mild form of cleft pallet. They said because its not really effecting her at this point they'll leave things alone and watch it. But it was good insight on why she always spits up out her nose, as she said that was more than likely the reason.
So... thats it! I cant believe she is already 4 months old!


FYI. People have been asking about Olivia's surgery on Monday morning. Here are the details:

They will make 5 incisions and will then go in and cut part of her stomach. They will then wrap the 2 parts all the way around the esophagus bringing it back to starting position. They then stitch it back together creating a tighter stomach and esophagus. This will obviously prevent her from spitting up at all. 
The entire surgery takes about 2 hours. They may have to do a G-Tube. Which is a tube which would allow us to feed and burp her through it. We will know better on Monday if they feel they need to do that, we hope we do not.
We will keep you all posted on Monday from the Hospital. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. Its all so humbling. We are grateful and can feel your love.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Please let me know if you need me to watch the kids or keep you company at the hopsital. We'll be keeping Olivia in our prayers!

Jana Heller said...

i can't wait until the surgery is all over, it is so nerve wracking(is that how you spell that?) well she is a beautiful girl and i can't wait until all of her problems get better. miss ya.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris