Friday, January 9, 2009

Olivia's GI appointment




Olivia's long-awaited GI appointment finally came and went yesterday. (it took us 4 weeks to get in) And he said all is well. He wants us to check every few months (via a catheter) to see whether or not her UTI has come back. Im pretty sure they're being cautious as they still cant figure out how she already had a UTI at 6 weeks. And they are going to up her medication. The best news is that they are not going to scope her stomach at this time (and hopefully never will) This is particularly good news because they would need to do it in the Hospital and she would need to be sedated, I hate the thought of that.
On a side note, she weighs 10 lbs. 6 oz. and is 23 3/4" long. This puts her in the 5% for her weight and the 25% for her length. They want us to do weight check's on her every month to be sure she is staying on her growth curve, she's falling off of it a little right now. 

5 comments:

Jessica said...

what a doll. i'm glad things are looking good for her!

Tasha said...

I am glad it all went well!

Ashley said...

So glad to hear all is well with little Olivia. Thanks for the website with Subeam ideas. As for the old binder...I do have a couple pieces of paper in there I printed that I would like to have if possible. After I get those, then the binder can go to the pres. but I can give it to her. Whatever works for me. :-) Talk to you soon! I'm so sorry I haven't been in touch more...things are starting to get really busy at work.

shari berry bo-berry said...

you need to fatten that girl up! j/k she is adorable! it is just so weird to picture her at 10 lbs, 23 inches...Joshy weighed 9.8 lbs and was 23 inches AT BIRTH. WHOA!

Sidenote -- I remember you opening that cute zebra outfit at your shower! SO CUTE!

I'm glad all is well and she is healthy!

Shane and Becky said...

So glad that everything went well at Olivia's GI appointment. What a blessing to live in the day and age we do with modern medicine. Oh, and I still just want to squeeze those cheeks.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris