Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Saturday

Photobucket

Photobucket

We decided to skip the Sunday basket mayhem and to celebrate the candy portion of Easter on Saturday. 
This ended up being a great idea that we may just keep around for a while. It gave us the opportunity to focus a little more on the real Easter meaning on the actual Holiday and a little less the hyped-up, candy aspect. I loved it!!!
The kids got a little bit of candy and the major portion of their baskets were filled with a toy and some fun goodies. Yes that meant Tums for Luke, who was thrilled with the surprise. Silly boy that one.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the story boards, super cute!

Montana Wilkins said...

Okay, do the Tums have to do with his diet or does he just prefer them to other candy? :o)
We do the same thing for Easter by doing Easter Bunny stuff on Saturday and the Christ related things on Sunday. Actually, my mom did it that way when I grew up. It is a great thing!
Your pictures (and the subject matter) are darling as always!

The Nedrys said...

What a great idea...we may have to do that when Jack gets older. I'm glad you guys had a nice holiday! I love Easter! Your kiddos looks super cute too!

Tasha said...

Looked like a nice Easter for you. I love your idea of doing all the candy and mahemm to Saturday. I always love your pictures too! You take such great ones.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris