Monday, April 27, 2009

Lessons

Having a child who has Autism has taught me a lot. Im stubborn and I can be selfish. I think Heavenly Father knew he had to send me Luke so that I could learn somethings I'd have otherwise not learned.

Initially it all felt like a daunting task. Something I could never do. There were days I barley made it through. Days where I cried and felt like an absolute failure. There have been many times where I had to re-adjust. Pick myself back up and try again. I knew if I could make it through that day we could start all over again the next. There was no manual that came with Luke's diagnosis. I was learning through trial and error on a daily basis.

What I wasn't prepared for was how amazing this little boy would be. He taught me about perseverance and hard work. He taught me that he could smash to bits the limitations I put on him. He taught me the joy of goals and the beauty of surpassing them. That as a Parent I could be a force to reckon with. He taught me how strong I was and what I could do when it came to helping and protecting my Children. Luke has taught me patience and pause. I have known amazement in ways I could never imagine.

Luke teaches me. Everyday. And I am so grateful for him. I am a better person for being his Mother.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. And that is the reason Luke was sent to you. There was no accident there. Lucky little boy to have you as his mama!

Tiffany J said...

I think God knows what he's doing when he sends his precious spirits to earth. He knows who will work hard and love them. I agree that not everyone can do it. After having a tiny taste of it myself I can understand some of the struggles you're describing. A smile and an "I love you mom" are the two best things in the world! You are a great parent (as is Dave I'm sure) and Luke is the luckiest kid to have you both!

regibells said...

WHat a beautiful post and a wonderful mother you are Jill. Your children are so lucky to have you as their mother! I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Rebecca said...

when did you find out he had Autism? and when and where did you learn photography?

Feather Fam. said...

We probably have some similar stories it sounds like!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris