Wednesday, April 22, 2009

not letting go

So I bought this delicious, its the only way to describe it, body wash the other day from Bath and Body works. I rarely go in there any more but I was with Luke and he's a big fan of all things scented. I knew he'd go completely nuts in this heaven for the nose so we hit it up. Right away his eyes lit up and we proceeded to smell everything. I mean it too, everything! It was like a candy store to someone like me or Ella.

I had no intention to purchase anything until we came upon the CO Bigelow line. Heavenly, simply heavenly. I couldn't leave the store without bringing a little bit home with us. And I did.

The thing is I almost never use it. Not because I don't like it, no way. And not because I still have another to empty. Simply put, I don't want to waste it. Doesn't that sound crazy? I know. The other day I was in the shower and I opened it, smelled it, closed the lid and proceeded to wash with my Dove body wash. Not nearly as luscious, I thought as I covered myself in the suds. After I got out I shook my head at the situation. Here I am trying to savor my pricey treat. I never buy this stuff for myself and I want it to last. But then I realize Dave is surly using it liberally, the kids have been thrilled to borrow it when I persuade them to shower. As soon as I got around to letting myself enjoy it there will be nothing left. Yet I still hesitate. 

So why do we put ourselves last? Why do the kids get new Summer clothes and sandals when our closet remains bare? Why do we eat last or sometimes not at all? I could go on and on. We know the questions and we certainly know the answers. But lets try harder. Put ourselves on our list, toward the top even. We need it and we  absolutely deserve it. 

I commit to using my new yet half empty body wash. If I treat myself a little more maybe I wont feel like it'll never come again.




**** side note, totally un-related. Dave just found out he has Mono. Awesome. Anyone want to help me clean my house now that he's out of the running? j/k*****

5 comments:

Jenny J said...

i love you jw.

Anonymous said...

That stinks. But if you use that lemony goodness things won't stink as much. Hope Dave gets better, soon!

Becca's Blog said...

Hey Jill,
Thanks for the invitation. I hope you are doing well. I think I might go private too.
Lets get together soon. I love your comments about using our precious extras. I so relate!

shari berry bo-berry said...

i'm sorry but i had to laugh at jenny's comment...jw made me think jehovah's witness...even though I know what it really stands for!

pamper yourself Jill and don't feel one bit if guilt over it! :)

best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave!

Ryan said...

That's funny cause Kim and I went to this store in Palm Springs and I almost bought myself some of that stuff. I guess I should go back and pick some up.

Ryan

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris