Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Mommy, Dear.

Today is my mom's birthday. I wanted to sit down and type a little something for her. A little something that captures how much I love her or how fantastic she is as a Mom. As I sat down to do this I drew a blank. I left it and came back to it later, once again a blank. Not because she doesn't mean the world to me or because I couldn't come up with anything. Quite the contrary actually. Its intimidating to put into words the love and appreciation you feel for someone who has spent their life making yours better. My Mom has done that. Or for someone who has sacrificed, more than she probably realizes, to enrich your life. So , here it goes. I know I can in no way touch on what I want to, my writing is just not close to where it needs to be.

My Mom has 5 children. A feat I never gave her credit for. When I became a Mom myself I came to understand the enormity of that. What that meant and how she must have spent her days for most of her adult life. There are days that I feel like Im about to loose it. Days when it feels too much for me. And on those days I almost always think of my Mom. And I marvel at how she did it. 

My Mom always sells herself short. Its something that drives me crazy about her. She goes on and on about her kids, how wonderful they are and how she cant believe what capable, strong, good people they all turned out to be. Yet she never gives herself any credit. But I do. I think the greatest testament to who my Mom is (and what she's done in her life) are her children. She has raised us with everything a Child could want. Lots of love, respect, admiration, praise and purpose. She was always our biggest fan. It didnt matter if I drew a un-recognizable picture or winning athlete of the year, she was equally as proud and enthusiastic.

Amidst all of the craziness of my 3 kids I always have my Mom as my Cheerleader. She makes me feel like I am the best Mother, like I can do anything. I cant express how great it feels to always have her by my side, and how much I need it.

Happy Birthday Mom. I hope you've had a great day. I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.

I love you.

No comments:

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris