Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ella reads

Ella has been really honing in on her academic skills. She has been interested in reading recently. Initially I put her off thinking that, at barely 3, she had a good while before she'd be ready. School would send home these "ice cream words" which are words they should work on at home. If they can read the words at the end of the month they get invited to the ice cream party. I never bothered with them, thinking I wanted her to just have fun and to feel no pressure in School yet. Well, she persisted, as she does. And I thought, who knows? Maybe she'll surprise us all. And she has.
Here it is, her reading debut. This is the first time she has read these words, they are not memorized.
Take it away Ella (and have fun at Preschool's ice cream party!)

5 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

she's such a smart girl! that is great! keep it up Ella!!!

Terri and Roger said...

Dear Ella, I'm so happy that you love to read. I didn't like to read until I was a mommy, and I missed so much fun & learning. Now you will be able to learn about anything in the world! WOW! Tigers, babies, flowers, bugs, haircuts, shopping, chicken pox, Moroni, meteors, sign language, Shakespeare. The best of the universe. Congratulations!!!

Tasha said...

Wow, I am seriously so impressed! Go Ella.

Becca said...

That is awesome! I love it when we see kids following their own lead!!WE as parents are the ones that get caught up in time lines we "think" they should conform to. way to go!

regibells said...

That is so great! cute little smarty pants!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris