Thursday, March 26, 2009

Papa's here!

My Dad came into town for a quick weekend snow trip. For Charitys Birthday they all rented a cabin and will be riding all weekend, not happening with my kids and the baby. (And did I mention it will be snowing and cold the entire time, not my bag, I prefer my sports in water) So we happily opted to pick him up from the airport and have him stay for the night instead. It was so fun having him here, even if it was just a short stay.
He picked up right where he left off, reading stories to the kids in his silly, non-scripted way and giving plenty of hugs. He even took the kids to Target to pick out a new toy.
He tucked Ella in and stayed behind in her bed snuggling for a (long) while, no wonder she cried as he drove away this morning. Those 2 have always had something special and I love to watch their interactions.
(and I think Bjorn now has a new best friend, Papa didn't stop petting him the entire stay. Im not sure who was more in love with whom.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

It's cute to see kids with grandparents! What fun memories for your kids to have.
And congrats on the snow day. I was an adult before I ever even heard of one. We didn't really ever get those here in Montana. The one time they closed the school was because the temp was -60 with the wind chill factor! Most of the town ended up being without electricity that day too thanks to a train derailment too. Fun for us! (Not that you needed to know that, but there's my little story.)
Looks like you had fun with your little family!

Nicole said...

So cute, and your dad looks exactally like I have always remembered him! I'm glad you got to see him, even for such a short time!

Tasha said...

What a good grandpa. I love how all the kids look in the picture with him. I would have been crying if I was Ella too.

Becca said...

happiness for kids always comes in the form of grandparents!!! so fun!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris