Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Anti-bucket list

My friend, Steve Heller, had this up on his website yesterday. He got the idea from a comedian and urged others to give it a try. Who am I to put Steve off, plus I thought it was pretty funny.
So here are a few things I could care less if I ever do.

live in southern california again (the longer Im away the less I like it, no offense to you lovers of all things CA)
read all of the Harry Potter books
go to Asia
own crocks
wear pegged pants
run in any kind of race
get a masters degree
learn another language
write a book
visit the senate
learn to juggle
be a vegan
stop eating chocolate
drive across the US from coast to coast
have a sappy husband
own a convertible
ski down a black diamond run
take up martial arts
join the Church choir
go paragliding
go to Mardi Gras
learn to play chess
watch singing in the rain
own a cat
own a snake
shop at abercrombie and finch
take singing lessons
insist that i am in full make-up every morning before i leave the house
live in the country
have a personalized license plate cover
learn how to do my taxes
see Celine Dion in concert
own a playstation
watch American Idol
be a diet coke person
eat broccoli and cauliflower
go to Disney World, or FL. at all for that matter
garden
meet the cast from Twilight

9 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

OUCH. all of us here in Socal are feelin that one!

Becca said...

thanks for the laugh!!!

Megan McCrindle said...

Haha... most of these are things I would totally want to do.

Besides- you have already been to Disneyworld, sister!

Tiffany J said...

ha ha ha I've never seen the "reversed" side of the "bucket list" ha ha

I have to laugh at some of your comments because I've done them and others because I TOTALLY agree!

Ashley said...

Funny! Some of those I agree with, others I have done. No Diet Coke - what is wrong with you? :)

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Ha! Ha! That is soooo funny, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Love the list. And I hear you on the never going back to So. Cal. Made my day to read that because I have a hard time admitting I don't really want to go back. I miss my family, and the warmth, so those still have the draw, but California, not so much!

I may copy this idea. I've already made a small list in my mind!

Richelle said...

i love how completely insensitive and non politically correct this may be. by that, i mean sometimes it seems like we have to be so careful to be non offensive in the world today. but who cares? we're all different! isn't that the beauty of life? so basically, i loved that you did this and now i want to make a list!

Jillyboo said...

you're funny Richelle. I hear you though.
I hope no one gets offended if I dont care about doing what they do. Its just me. And thats what makes us unique. And I in no way think less of anyone who runs in a race or wears crocks. I am certainly one who loves others individuality and respects their choices, more so than many I think.
So do a list, I wont be offended if you say you'd never put big bows on your daughters or spend too much money on kids clothes. :)

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris