Tuesday, December 9, 2008

CA Vacation part 3.... Disneyland!!

The kids had been looking forward to this part of the trip for months. It was a big adjustment for them to go from Disneyland every week to no Disneyland at all. I must admit, as much as I complained of being sick of it, I missed it too. Not because it is Disneyland but because watching my kids in such a magical place is something that I will never forget. Its pure happiness. They do no wrong, they have plastered smiles on their faces. Yes, I have missed watching them love being here.
And it did not disappoint. The kids were in Heaven. They were so good and had the time of their lives. We even stayed until 8pm, which for those of you who know us can attest... this is a huge deal. I can count on one hand the amount of times we have not had the kids in bed at 7pm on the dot, no matter what we are missing.
We were especially happy to have the Johnsons, Tingeys and Muellecks with us. A few of our favorite families ever!
At the close of the night I was on the rockets with my kids, the fireworks were exploding over the top of the beautifully lit Castle. It was a perfect moment. It was a perfect day. And on the way back down Main St. it started to snow. I cant explain it but it all took me in and I started to tear up. It just made me grateful and so, so happy.


I love, love, love these girls. And Jess is 17 weeks pregnant in this picture. She is still in her tiny seven's. And, sigh, its a BOY!!!

Best buddies since birth, essentially.


Luke went on this first... as always. Star Tours has always been his ride.

They ran right up to eachother and picked up where they left off... holding hands and running!

Our Family... minus 1. Olivia was a bit too little for Disney germs

Best buddies all around. We love you Johnson clan


The castle at night

Luke in awe

enjoying the "snow"

Watching the fireworks as we walked down Main St.

I love how much these boys adore oneanother

Does your best friend make you this happy?



In front of the castle


Ella waiting in line, she's such a ham.

Happy Luke and his Daddy

what a sight!

The girls on the horsey ride

5 comments:

Jenny J said...

forget the santa countdown...we have a wirthlin countdown.

can't wait to play in the snow.

and really, do nothing but hold olivia again because it was sort of a dream come true. i don't know that i've ever held an infant baby girl.

Tasha said...

We are going next week for two days and we cannot wait. All of Brian's family is coming into town for a Disneyland adventure. I loved seeing all the pictures. It makes me excited! (and I am bit worried being 8 months pregnant for twos day straight . . . but I LOVE Disneyland, so I am happy to take my kids!!)

Jen said...

What a great trip. You all look fabulous! Someday I'll introduce my kids to the world of Disneyland, maybe.

sarawhat said...

ahhh, I love Dland. And I love all your pictures Jill! You take some amazing ones. Sidenote- I was looking through all your old posts at all the awesome pics and it hit me! Olivia looks like megan. She has her same eyes. I could be wrong, but everytime I've been a pic of her I think, "hmmm, who does she look like?" Well now I know. Probably have to see her in person to know for sure. :)

Linda said...

I'm just thrilled you made it home with your camera...we weren't so lucky on our joyous Disneyland Christmas trip last year. Trying not to be bitter...the Cali-in-exile gang is planning a little get-together next Fri...couldja e-mail me your phone # again, and we'll get you all the info?

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris

Blog Archive