Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Olivia, my sweet 3 month old.


What a whirlwind it has been to watch you, care for you, love you, worry over you and enjoy you these past 3 months.
This month has truly been my favorite. I have finally gotten to know the real you. The Olivia I always knew was behind those eyes, masked by pain and cries. And what you have shown  me has brought nothing but pure and absolute joy. 
Olivia, you have gone from our hardest baby to our easiest. I believe that you will take after your sweet Brother with that laid back and calm temperament. Yet you want to be apart of all that is going on around you. Since the start others have commented on how aware and how alert and attentive you were. That has continued to grow. You want to be a part of what's going on. If there is noise and chaos you just love to sit back and take it all in. You want to be right there with us at the dinner table, carefully studying every move and sound.
You have especially gotten into toys and your play mat. Its one of your favorite places to be. Forget swinging you want to be under all of your toys on your mat, reaching, grabbing, talking and watching. I have a feeling  you will be an intellectual... much like your Dad. The way you study, so intensely and carefully. Its a thrill to watch.
Daddy gave you a beautiful blessing and in it he said that you would share many of the great qualities and traits of the person whom you were named after, your GG. It brought immediate tears that streamed down my face. I have yet to meet anyone more admirable and as much like our Heavenly Father. You have big shoes to fill but it humbles me to know you will be up for the challenge. I know you will do and be incredible, just as she is. 
You are sweet and happy. Always glad to give another a smile but you make them work at it a little bit. Unlike your Sister who threw them every which way there is more thought in your grins. You light up a room with your large smile as your eyes get even bigger and share a sparkle. And your laugh is so sweet and endearing it almost makes me cry.
You have given me more happiness than you will or could ever know. Peace has come into our home through your sweet  spirit, which has been held back millennia's for this particular time. I swell with joy when I think of you and have simply loved being your Mother.
I cant wait to see you grow over the next 3 months. You get more fun, more beautiful andeven  sweeter each day.
I love and adore you my love.
Your Mommy

2 comments:

Brad said...

She is growing so fast! Have a Merry Christmas! We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jill. I love when I hear from you. It's like a little bit of California sunshine.

Your little Olivia just makes me baby hungry. Her eyes are so round and bright. And she's just so tiny and looks so wise. I could eat her for supper...

Yes, we will be in CA in July, most likely. I would like to stay for the month, but we'll see. When will you be there? For sure let's get together. And of course I would love to photograph your family. And anyone else!

Love you, Jill. You really are the best!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris

Blog Archive