Monday, December 15, 2008

I got it



im not kidding you when i say i may be worse than rachel.



I had this one other time in my life. It was 4 days after Dave and I got married and just 3 days before our Honeymoon to Spain. It was terrible. It had spread to the other eye the morning we left for Spain. I remember being miserable on that plane ride. It was hours of traveling in the pressurized cabin. As if being scrunched up in those wonderfully comfortable seats, which should be illegal on trans-atlantic flights, wasn't torture enough. Which leads me to a thought. You know that proposition in CA about dairy cows and hens? That they wanted to make it illegal for farms to not have enough room in the animals cages to turn around? Well, shouldn't we pass something similar for humans?  Those airplane seats have little room to even cross one's legs.

Anyways. It was a very long flight, followed by a 3 hour train ride to the south of Spain (after we waited at the depot for 2) and then a 20 min. taxi ride to our condo. I will never forget how horribly my eyes hurt.

Well, here we are in round 2. Pink eye. Hate it. Can't handle those drops, cant deal with my eye constantly feeling irritated. Thanks Ella, who by the way delt with it 100 times better than I have been. When Dave was putting the drops in my eyes she said,"Mommy, just be a big girl and not a little baby."

6 comments:

Kim Harvey said...

That is so weird! Your brother had pink eye for the first time in his life last week. Hope you get better soon!

Tasha said...

That is HORRIBLE!!!!! I have yet to get it (knock on wood), but have heard how horrible it can be. hang in there. I would not be dealing with those drops well either! I hope you get better soon (and that it doesn't spread to your other eye!)

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

Okay...my sister has a friend in the Bay area who is a Chilean Doctor and when he used to work in Chile their first cure for pink eye was Chamomile tea bags (cooled of coarse).

If you look up:
Pink eye chamomile tea
...they have some good home remedy advice.
I have been waiting to tell someone about this. Sorry you had to be the person.

Isn't it funny that we were on our honeymoon's at the same time! Our 22 hour plane ride to africa was not fun at all. I feel some of your pain.

Ryan said...

I got it last week but it was gone in three days. Suck it up. ;)

Jenny J said...

poor jill.
have you seen that friends episode where they have to jump rachel to get her drops in - i'm getting a visual of that with you and dave.
hope you're feeling better soon!

Jenny J said...

this is bob...thank you for removing the picture of your eye.

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris

Blog Archive