Sunday, December 14, 2008

Luke's Primary program



This is the day I have waited for since before Luke was even born. I know that sounds dramatic and over-exaggerated but its simply the fact. I always knew that I was going to be a Mom one day. As I watched the programs I would envision my future children up on the stand. And after I actually became a Mom I would envision my little Luke singing with all of his might. Maybe even acting a little lost or silly. That would be fun too.
Well today was that day. The first of many years in which I had a child performing in the program. Singing with all of his might, aside from some waiving happily at his sister and a short bout with the booger he has on his finger. But after Dave ran him up a kleenex and when the waiving subsided all I saw was Luke. Shining. He loved being a part of something so big and he loved to watch us beaming with pride.
At one point they were singing "Called to Serve" and I couldn't help but to get a few tears as I looked 14 years into the future.... Luke entering the MTC. Singing that same song. Maybe a little less youthfully and certainly with a deeper voice. But I would be there. Watching him and looking back on this day.
So today was a great day. No one could ever take away this precious, long-awaited memory. And I cant wait to see his siblings join him in the future.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

That's so sweet. Last night we had the Christmas Fireside and the children's choir sang, and I actually thought the same thing... One day I'll have a child up there.. one day.

Ashley said...

I'm so sad we missed the primary program! It was so fun to be with my family for the week, though. I am back now and I would love to share vacation stories and hear about your trip. You have so many adorable pictures and I love Ella's haircut. Give me a call!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris

Blog Archive