Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dentist time

The kids were actually looking forward to going to the dentist today. Seriously. Counting down the days. They certainly dont take after me. Those of you who know my greatest fears know that #2 on my list is the dentist. I feel nauseated just thinking about it. 
The kids did wonderfully! Ella let them clean her teeth, take x-rays, do a fluoride treatment and allowed the Dentist to examine her... all without a single sound. I was floored. They kept saying they could not believe how well she was doing, especially considering the fact she's not even quite 3. I was proud. I think Luke was even prouder.
And, like always, Luke was a star. He really wanted to know what was next. What the flavor was, how it would feel, what color the toothbrush was going to be, when he'd get water. It was fun to listen to him asking so many questions. I could tell he was a little nervous but he never showed it.
They were such all-stars. I hope they never get the dental fear, like their scaredy-cat Mommy.



(these were taken with the iphone so they're not great)
this is how Olivia spent the hour... and the 45 min. afterwards at McDonald's too! Having a baby that will hangout in her carseat is a new development for me, I love it!!!


getting ready for x-rays. He's in pj's as it was Polar Express day at School.


Ella the super star


Brave Lukie

checking herself out after all the cleaning was done. They loved that you got to wear sunglasses while getting the cleaning.

4 comments:

Jana Heller said...

my children are the worst at the dentist so i have to say that i am jealous. my kids are freaked out of the noise.

Tasha said...

Tanner loved going to the dentist this last time too and often asks me when he gets to go back! I am glad you had such a great experience too.

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest pediatric dentist office I have ever seen. WE have appointments next month and the girls are thrilled. However, Liv I'm sure will flip once they start to clean her teeth. She gags and practically throws up when I just brush her teeth! Can't wait! :)

And BTW, I also DREAD the dentist. As a little girl my Dad had to give me blessings before I went. It was that bad.

Deb said...

So they had no cavities??? KOOL!
Ya i am a bad mom Porter is going for his very first dental visit in Jan. I am so worried on how he will do.
Great job kids!!!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris

Blog Archive