Monday, December 8, 2008

Sigh of relief

This morning Luke came downstairs and immediatly started talking about Christmas. We just got done putting up the last of our decorations and he has had Santa on the brain even more then ever. All of a sudden I heard him say the thing I dread coming from his lips.
"Mom, Daddy is Santa Clause!"
I panicked. Where was this coming from? How did the idea enter his head?
"Honey, Daddy is not Santa. Santa is Santa."
He got a little frustrated and said with more conviction, "NO!!! Dad is Santa."
OK, what was I going to do here? He is 4!
Suddenly, in the midst of my freak out, he pointed to the stockings on our ledge. He pointed at the first Stocking, which has a Santa embroidered on it.
"Mom, Dad is the Santa stocking. He even told me so."
I laughed.
"Right Bud, Dad is Santa!!"
What a relief.



2 comments:

Tasha said...

Big sigh of relief! That is a cute story :)

Becca said...

Gee whiz kid!Make a mom panic why don't you!!!!Oh let's hope they never hear the truth huh!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris

Blog Archive