Thursday, December 11, 2008

CA Vacation part 4... The Beach!!!













I love how much my kids enjoy the beach. Its a part of my make up. I spent hours here growing up. I have more memories than can be counted. 
My first pier swim around  the old pier in HB, then it got knocked down by a major storm. The next year we swam a buoy and watched as they constructed the new pier. I was excited to be among the first to swim around that beautiful landmark. I remember how afraid I was to do it, that maybe some fisherman may hook me with his line. Or that Jaws was just waiting for my paddling arms. But it was exhilarating and when I was done I felt amazingly brave and accomplished. 
These are among the things that I think of on every beach trip. And now, here I am with kids of my own. Making more memories.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Jill,
Those pics at the beach are so good and cute. Auh just makes me want to go visit. I remember taking Porter for the fisrt time and he loved it. I sure miss it, But I am so greatful for the memories!

Baby Olivia

Baby Olivia
bright eyes

My funny Ella

My funny Ella

My handsome Luke

My handsome Luke

O'Paris

O'Paris

Blog Archive